This manual containsoperating, maintenance and storage instructions for Tinker & RasorísModel SC-4 AgAg/CI Reference Electrode "Sea" use.
This Kit Includes:
*see parts list drawing.
- 1 Ag/CI Elementw/end cap
- 1 Ceramic TipAssembly (land)
- 1 Tube Body withholes (sea)
- 1 Tube Body w/oholes (land & storage)
- 1 End Plug (storage)
- 2 Brass Weights(sea)
- 1 4 oz. Solution(land & storage)
- 1 Waterproof Adapterw/lead (sea)
- 2 InstructionManuals (land & storage)
- 1 Carrying Casew/inserts
Tinker & RasorModels
- 1 Voltmeter- any high input resistance 20 Megaohm or greater - see "Accessories"
- 1 Test Lead- 18 Ga. stranded wire (8 ft. supplied, longer test lead available upon
- 1 Electrolyte- 4 oz. "Ocean Water" supplied - Potassium Chloride 35:1 mix is okayfor
storage - see "Maintenance".
2.PREPARATION & ASSEMBLY
- 1 Clean Ag/CIelement per instruction under "Maintenance" section.
- 1 Screw end capwith Ag/CI element into tube with holes (part #118-060) and tighten.
- 1 Screw one orboth brass weights into tube and tighten.
- 1 Attach 18 Ga.test lead into waterproof adapter (part #009-010) - see W-7
- 1 Remove knurlednut from top end cap and save.
- 1 Screw top ofelectrode into W-7 Waterproof Adapter and tighten.
- 1 Attach testlead wire to voltmeter.
- 1 Lower entireelectrode into electrolyte and allow to soak for 15 minutes to stabilize
1. Submerge the tipor the entire electrode into electrolyte.
Note: Readingsshould be taken as close to the structure as possible to minimize I.R.drop. Avoid surface contaminates.
4.MAINTENANCE & STORAGE
1. The Ag/CI elementmust be cleaned in distilled water or mild detergent and rinsed in
distilled water prior to use.
2. Do not touch Ag/CIelement after cleaning.
3. The Ag/CI elementshould soak in electrolyte for at least 15 minutes before use to stabilize
1. To ensure properreadings we recommend the Ag/CI element and the ceramic tip
assembly be kept moist during storage. A solid body tube and end plug areincluded for
this period as well as for use in soil readings.
2. For long termstorage disassemble or for use after element and ceramic tip have been
allowed to dry follow instructions above "Before Use".
All instruments being returned for repair
should be sent PREPAID to either address below:
Ship Via Courrier (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc)
Tinker & Rasor
791 S. Waterman Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Ship Via US Postal Mail
Tinker & Rasor
PO BOX 6890
San Bernardino, CA 92412-6890
Include with shipment information the nature
of the problem, purchase order, serial number
and return delivery address, phone and fax numbers. Immediate
service is guaranteed!